Update: This post was updated on February 12th with changes to the application due date and more details about the selection process.
Scholarship awards for the United World Colleges academic year beginning in August 2015 are now available for Uganda nationals who completed S4 examinations in November/December 2014. Female students are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
Applications, in the student’s own hand writing, should include the following four components:
- A cover letter (300-500 words) giving reasons for the application, and record of extra-curricular and service activities. This letter should include:
- Student’s full names, gender, and passport size photo;
- Place and date of birth;
- Contact details [i.e address; phone number (if available); mobile number (if available); e-mail address (if available)];
- Source of UWC information – how did you hear about the UWC?
- A short essay (200-300 words) commenting on the following statement: A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus (such as Nelson Mandela).
- Personal reference from the school head teacher/principal, or a school teacher well acquainted with the student.
- Official record of national S4 (Ordinary Level) examination results (or international equivalent) for exams conducted in November/December 2014.
Individual applications can be submitted by post-mail or e-mail:
UWC Review Panel (National Committee)
c/o P.O. Box 24749
All applications must be received by Friday 6th March 2015. Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid inconveniences caused by delays in the postal service.
For further information contact the UWC Review Panel at 0417171156/0778053530 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Monday 9th March 2015 and invited to participate in a one day selection with the national UWC Review Panel on Saturday 14th March 2015 in Kampala.